The North Conway Day Care Center has been in operation since 1972. It was the first licensed day care facility in Mount Washington Valley.
Our staff of warm and caring individuals meets state requirements for early childhood education. They have CPR and First Aid training and certification, and they continue to update their education.
The center is located in the Reverence For Life Building on Main Street, North Conway Village. Its facility offers 8700 square feet of space, a large, fenced, well-equipped playground, and is licensed to serve 100 children from ages 9 months to 12 years of age. We are in operation Monday thru Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The First Church of Christ, Congregational of North Conway provides donations of rent, utilities and insurance in the amount of $44,000 annually. This donation serves to benefit working parents by allowing us to charge an affordable rate. We also receive Title XX funding from the State of New Hampshire, which is a grant that families can apply for and help further defray the cost of child care.
The following programs are offered:
- full time child care programs
- your choice of full day or half day as needed for your work schedule
- before and after school programs to provide care and activities for school age children
- a summer day camp program for school age children
- well balanced, nutritious morning and afternoon snackes and lunches are prepared according to U.S.D.A. standards and are served by a full-time staff cook
- A child attending the center will experience field trips to one or more of the following places:
- Story Land movie matinees miniature golf hiking sliding swimming at Echo Lake Kahuna Laguna waterpark hikiing at Whitaker Woods and Puddin Pond MWV Children's Museum the Theater in the Woods Summer Children's Series.
- The Philosophy of the Day Care Center is that we are committed to stimulating the intellectual, social and physical growth and development of each child in our care. Children enter the center as individuals and are accepted for their own unique personality and contribution to the life of the center. The activities provided and the services offered exist to aide the children in their own stages of growth and development. The children will develop a better understanding of themselves and of others, a sense of responsibility for themselves and others through the guidance of adults. The children will begin to explore the world through books, music, play, creative activities, visits into the community and through experiments with nature and science. Their physical needs will be provided for by nutritious diets, rest periods, physical activities and health supervision.
The Center may be used for emergency care if space is available. Our program coordinates with the Division of Human Services in protective cases and in family situations where for medical reasons a parent needs child care.
- Our agency receives funding from the New Hampshire Department of Health & Human Services. Each year a portion of our budget is comprised of contributions and fund raising, in addition to the contribution of the church. Won't you help us to reach our fundraising goal for this year? Please make your contribution to:
North Conway Day Care Center
PO Box 401
North Conway, NH 03860